You may have read that honey provides wonderful health benefits for your body. It’s great for allergy sufferers, will calm a cough and more. But did you know that honey is used in many skin and hair products such as lotions, shampoos and soaps? That’s right and the reason for that is that honey is packed full of anti-septic, anti-bacterial, anti-inflammatory and anti-oxidant properties, which makes it perfect for using in health care products.
Here is a short list of the benefits you can realize from honey:
- Fades Scars
- Fights Acne
- Heals Minor Wounds
- Stops Chapped Lips
- Prevents Hair Loss
To Fade Scars: Honey increases healing and tissue regeneration and helps revive skin cells. All these factors work together to fade scars.
- Mix equal amounts of honey and extra-virgin coconut or olive oil.
- Massage the mixture over the scarred area using a circular motion for 1 to 2 minutes.
- Put a warm washcloth over the area, and leave it in place until it cools.
- Wipe the area clean with a cotton ball.
- Repeat twice daily.
For treating minor cuts and wounds, you can use our PURE RAW honey which is natural.
- Spread a thick layer of our Atlanta’s Hometown Honey on the affected area.
- Place a bandage over it for a couple of hours.
- Remove the bandage and clean the area with a moist cloth.
- Repeat again as needed.
Chapped Lips – buy our
We also sell honey infused soap bars, honey and oatmeal and more for soft skin, preventing acne and more! Visit our store to find your new favorite honey item!