Looking for something light but jazzy for a summer meal? Try this twist on a salad!
- Honey-Jalapeno Vinaigrette, divided (recipe below)
- 6 – boneless skinless chicken breasts, 4 oz. each
- 9 cups – lightly packed baby spinach
- 1 1/2 cups – shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 3 slices – crisp-cooked thick bacon, crumbled
- 3 – small tomatoes, each sliced into 4 wedges lengthwise
- Honey-Jalapeno Vinaigrette
- 3 tablespoons – white wine vinegar
- 3 tablespoons – fresh lime juice
- 2 tablespoons – fresh cilantro, coarsely chopped
- 1 tablespoon – jalapeno pepper, seeded and coarsely chopped
- 2 – large cloves garlic, quartered
- 1 teaspoon – salt
- 1/2 teaspoon – freshly ground black pepper
- 2/3 cup – honey
- 2/3 cup – vegetable oil
Place chicken in a large resealable plastic bag and add 3/4 cup Honey-Jalapeno Vinaigrette. Seal bag and refrigerate for 30 minutes or overnight. Drain and discard marinade. Grill chicken, covered, over medium heat for 6-7 minutes on each side or until juices run clear. Cut chicken across the grain into 1/2 inch-wide strips. Put 1 1/2 cups of spinach on each of six serving plates. Drizzle each with 1 tablespoon vinaigrette. Top each with chicken strips, 1/4 cup cheese and crumbled bacon; garnish with two tomato wedges and drizzle 1 tablespoon of vinaigrette on top.
For Honey-Jalapeno Vinaigrette: process vinegar, lime juice, cilantro, jalapeno, garlic, salt and pepper in a blender or food processor. With blender running, add honey, then oil; mix well. Refrigerate until needed.
Recipe courtesy of Honey.com